About YNPN Milwaukee
YNPN Milwaukee’s primary focus is to equip emerging leaders and young professionals with the knowledge, skills and resources to become highly effective social changemakers. We do this through targeted programming and events, and integrated networking opportunities. YNPN Milwaukee taps some of Milwaukee’s most well known and respected nonprofit leaders and experts to share sector insights, best practices and trends with our members. YNPN Milwaukee members have access to a full array of member benefits, which help them stay informed, connected and on the path to advancing the work of their organization and their career.
About YNPN Milwaukee’s Membership
YNPN Milwaukee has an active and diverse membership of over 200 young professionals. These young professionals represent a cross-section of Greater Milwaukee’s nonprofits, foundations, social enterprise organizations, consulting firms, and corporations, all invested in making a career in the nonprofit sector viable and sustainable.
In order to meet members where they are, YNPN Milwaukee offers 3 membership levels for individuals. Each of these memberships offers the individual access to the full suite of member benefits, but at a cost that may better suite their financial situation.
- Standard Individual Membership, $35
- Student Membership, $25 – this membership is available to students currently enrolled in a 2-year, 4-year or graduate degree program
- Year of Service Membership, $25 – this membership is available to those participating in an AmeriCorpsVISTA, City Year, Service Year, or similar Year of Service program
Tips to Advocate for Membership
With shrinking organizational budgets, it is more important than ever to be able to justify the expense of joining an organization like YNPN Milwaukee. When preparing your request to join YNPN Milwaukee, consider the following:
- How will this YNPN Milwaukee membership benefit you in your current position?
- How will this YNPN Milwaukee membership benefit your organization?
- Which YNPN Milwaukee programs or events do you plan to attend and which benefits do you plan to take advantage of?
Cite specific examples whenever possible to strengthen your argument to your manager and your organization.