Nonprofit organizations depend on the financial support of foundations, corporations, and individuals to achieve their missions. Because of this dynamic, organizations often feel like they have to put their best foot forward with funders, and can’t be completely honest about their limitations, most urgent needs, and current challenges.
This members-exclusive event aims to help open up honest conversations between nonprofit organizations and the philanthropic sector. Each fall, YNPN Milwaukee hosts a panel of funder leaders as they discuss their giving philosophy, what they look for in winning grant proposals, and their ideas about how we can navigate the complex power dynamic inherent in fundraising.
Past Milwaukee-area philanthropic participants have included:
- United Way of Greater Milwaukee + Waukesha County
- Northwestern Mutual Foundation
- Greater Milwaukee Foundation
- Burke Foundation
- Zilber Family Foundation
Become a member and join us for our next Breaking Barriers Panel!
The Young Nonprofit Professionals Network (YNPN) Milwaukee is pleased to present “Milwaukee Gives: A Panel on Philanthropy.” This annual event aims to open a dialogue about the complexities inherent in fundraising. Join YNPN Milwaukee on Wednesday, October 16, 2019 from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. as we welcome a panel of philanthropic sector leaders as they speak on topics such as fostering relationships with funders, current grantmaking trends, and grant proposal tips.
Thanks to the generosity of Bader Philanthropies, this year's event will be open to both members and non-members.
- 5:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. - Networking
- 6:00 p.m. - 6:50 p.m. - Panel Discussion
- 6:50 p.m. - 7:15 p.m. - Questions & Answers
- 7:15 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. - Networking and Follow-Up
2019 Panelists include:
- Lisa Attonito, Executive Director, Women’s Fund of Greater Milwaukee
- Patricia Contreras, Director - Global Community Relations and Contributions, Rockwell Automation
- Tony Shields, President and CEO, Wisconsin Philanthropy Network
- Maria Lopez Vento, Vice President - Grants & Impact Investments, Bader Philanthropies, Inc.
- Moderator: Jessica Herzog, Operations & Grants Manager, Burke Foundation
Bader Philanthropies, Inc.
3300 N. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive
Milwaukee, WI 53212
Refreshments will be served and parking will be available. Kosher dietary laws observed. Kindly RSVP by October 10th.
Directions to Bader Philanthropies
Traveling From the South
Take I-43 North (heading to Green Bay). Take Exit 75 toward Keefe Ave/Atkinson Ave. Merge onto Access Road. Turn right onto W. Keefe Ave. Turn right onto Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive.
Parking Option: Turn left on N. 5th Street to enter Bader Philanthropies’ surface parking lot.
Traveling From the North
Take I-43 South (heading to Milwaukee). Take exit 75 toward W. Atkinson Ave/Keefe Ave. Merge onto N. 8th Street. Turn left onto W. Atkinson Ave.; W. Atkinson Ave turns slightly right and becomes Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive.
Parking Option:Turn left onto N. 5th Street to enter Bader Philanthropies’ surface parking lot.