YNPN Milwaukee is actively recruiting an organized and detail-oriented leader for the role of Secretary on our Board and Executive Committee. YNPN Milwaukee is known as a great starting board for those who are new to nonprofit boards. Our board consists of a diverse array of leaders from nonprofits organizations and commercial companies, and independent practitioners all interested in helping emerging leaders and young professionals enhance the nonprofit sector here in Milwaukee. Our average board member is halfway through there second year on the board.
Responsibilities of Role + Time Commitment:
- Co-creates Board Meeting agenda with Executive Committee (1 hour per month)
- Drafts for approval Board Meeting minutes (2-3 hours per month)
- Manages historical records in YNPN Google Drive (less than 1 hour per month)
- Keyholder for YNPN PO Box (check once per month)
- Shares appointments and manages calendar for Board Meetings (less than one hour per month)
- Responds to and/or directs general email inquiries received at email@example.com (as needed, 1 hour per week)
- Primary listserv moderator (as needed, 1 hour per week)
- Attends majority of YNPN Milwaukee events (2-3 hours per month)
- Reviews and approves monthly financial reporting (Less than 1 hour, once per month)
- Attends Board Retreat (4 hours, once per year)
- Optional, Attends YNPN National Conference (3 days, once per year)
$25 annual dues, $50 annual gift (cash or gift in kind).
Interested in learning more about this role?
Contact Holly McCoy, YNPN Milwaukee Board President at firstname.lastname@example.org.