YNPN-Milwaukee has partnered with Helen Bader Institute for Nonprofit Management at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee for this FREE event- Jobhunt: Nonprofit Edition ...Career Development in the Nonprofit Sector.
Job seeking? Thinking about making a change? Having a tough time scaling the nonprofit employment ladder?
Join us as we present a panel of human resource and executive search experts as they offer advice on how to prepare for the job hunt. Look for advice on navigating the application and interview process, negotiating salaries and promotions, resume building, and some general strategies for planning a successful career path in the nonprofit sector.
- Donna Daniels, Leadership and Provider Recruiter, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin
- Sally Kubly, Career Coach, UWM School of Continuing Education Career Transition Center
- Jane Schroeder, Master Career Counselor, Momentum Partners, LLC
- Celeste Rom, Director of Corporate and Human Resources, Executive Director, Inc.
- Moderated by Mindy Lubar Price, President & CEO of Leading Transitions, Inc.
Discussions will include:
What gets a resume that extra glance?
Can you really prepare for an interview?
How to negotiate a salary and keep your friends?
This event is part of YPWeek Milwaukee 2018. YPWeek is a week long platform for discovery, adventure, and meaningful conversations about the issues that matter among young professionals in Milwaukee and Wisconsin. YPWeek brings together key leaders in the community, at purposefully chosen locations that integrate the unique cultural assets with meaningful learning and social interaction. The activities engage the millennial workforce in experiences that are important to them as a YP while educating employers on the important role these functions play in retaining this generation as their workforce.
161 W Wisconsin Ave
Milwaukee, WI 53203
Google map and directions